Tooth decay, also known as periodontitis, is a serious periodontal disease.It is a common ailment as a result of being untreated inflammation of the gums (gingivitis). It refers to when the inflammation has spread deep into the tissue and formed pockets along the root surface that weaken the attachment of the teeth. This in turn leads to loose teeth and eventual tooth loss.
With good oral hygiene, you can prevent gingivitis and tooth loss from occurring. Self-care has a decisive role if the treatment of your periodontitis will be successful. We recommend that you brush (preferably with an electric toothbrush) twice a day with fluoride-based toothpaste, floss daily and visit a dentist regularly.
We want to see all of Sweden smile. Therefore, we want to make high-quality dental care available to everyone without having to compromise between quality and price. Contact TandCity today and we will help you no matter what stage your periodontitis is in. At TandCity you can get help with:
Treatment of gingivitis
Treatment of tooth loss and repair
Symptoms of periodontitis
Healthy gums should be firm, pale pink and fit tightly around the teeth. An inflammation of the gums that leads to tooth loss can cause one or more of the following symptoms:
– Swollen or puffy gums
– Red, dark red, or purple gums
– Sensitive gums
– Gums that bleed easily
- Gums that are not tight around the teeth, making them look longer
– New spaces between teeth and gums
- Bad breath
– Loose teeth
- Pain when you chew
- A change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite
If you experience any of the symptoms mentioned above, we recommend that you visit TandCity immediately. We help you prevent the inflammation from worsening further and also with treatment for tooth loss.
However, periodontitis can also progress without any obvious symptoms. Therefore, we cannot mention it enough times how important it is that you regularly visit your dentist at TandCity.
Types of periodontitis
There are several different types of periodontitis. The most common include:
- Chronic periodontitis, which is the most common type of tooth loss and mainly affects adults. Chronic periodontitis is caused by untreated plaque formation and involves a slow breakdown of connective tissue fibers, root membrane and jawbone. The biggest single risk factor for chronic periodontitis occurring is tobacco smoking.
- Aggressive periodontitis, which is characterized by the high speed and extent of tissue breakdown. It mainly occurs in children or young adults and is a rare form of periodontitis that only affects a very small number of individuals. It often occurs in whole families as it is of a hereditary nature.
- Necrotizing periodontitis, which is characterized by dead gum tissue and dental ligaments caused by insufficient blood supply (necrosis) and which results in a serious infection. It is a very rare type of periodontitis that mainly affects people with a weakened immune system.
Cost of treatment of tooth decay
Although periodontitis is an infectious disease, it cannot be cured with antibiotics. The treatment instead involves removing bacterial deposits on teeth and gums, removing deepened gum pockets and preventive treatment against further inflammation. The earlier periodontitis is detected, the greater the chance of successful treatment. We therefore recommend that you always make regular visits to your dentist at TandCity.
Even after gingivitis has turned into tooth loss, it can be treated. However, the treatment will be more extensive and costly, and may require treatment by a specialist in the field. We offer three different levels of treatment for periodontitis or peri-implantitis (infection around a dental implant):
– Smaller scope – SEK 775
– Larger scope – SEK 1,367
- Particularly time-consuming treatment - SEK 1,931
Contact TandCity directly and we will help you review what the cost of your tooth loss treatment will be in your particular case.
“The text above is written for online marketing purposes. The views are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect the views of TandCity.”