Have you ever looked at yourself in the mirror or at a photo and wished your smile was a little more… dazzling?
If so, you are hardly alone. White teeth have become a beauty standard that shows good dental hygiene and health and that indirectly leads to better self-confidence. Teeth whitening has thus become an increasingly popular treatment in Sweden and around the world, and there are now a plethora of different teeth whitening treatments - everything from the latest laser treatments, to teeth whitening equipment you can use at home.
But all of these options can feel overwhelming, especially if it's your first time whitening your teeth. Therefore, in this guide to teeth whitening, we thought we would go over some available options, what teeth whitening costs at a dentist, how much it costs to do it at home, and how long teeth whitening lasts.
How to get white teeth
There are many proven ways to get white teeth, this includes:
- Laser treatment
– Coconut oil
The best teeth whitening method for you depends on how much you are willing to spend, how quickly you want to see results, and how permanent you want it to be.
TandCity's teeth whitening in Malmö
TandCity offers two types of teeth whitening in Malmö.
Teeth whitening at home
If you choose teeth whitening in Malmö at home, two clinic visits are required with us:
- At the first visit, we take an impression of your teeth and give you instructions and all the necessary information you need to perform the teeth whitening yourself.
- At the second visit, you will receive whitening agents as well as whitening trays based on the tooth impressions we took at the first visit.
Teeth whitening at the clinic
With TandCitys teeth whitening in Malmö you get white teeth in just 90 minutes. Our clinic treatment only takes a fraction of the time it takes to carry out teeth whitening at home using highly concentrated whitening gel. The effect of teeth whitening is further enhanced with a specially developed LED lamp.
How long does teeth whitening last?
If you have had teeth whitening done at home using splints and whitening agents, you can expect it to last between six months and two years. The decisive factor is how much external influence your teeth are exposed to in the meantime.
A teeth whitening done at our clinic in Malmö usually lasts for a few years. Just like when you do it yourself, it mainly depends on how much external influence your teeth are exposed to after teeth whitening.
How much does teeth whitening cost?
How much does a string cost? You can buy a tube of toothpaste for under a hundred kroner. On the other side of the spectrum, you can pay for laser treatment that costs a few thousand.
Professional teeth whitening naturally costs a little more than any of the home remedies mentioned above. But you are paying for the expertise of a dentist who can give you tips and advice on what you can expect as a result and what temporary after-effects may occur. By listening and asking questions and looking at the teeth, the dentist can recommend the best teeth whitening for you.
TandCity offers two types of teeth whitening in Malmö:
– Home bleaching with splints and bleaching gel |3500: –
– Clinic whitening + splints for home whitening | 5500: –
Reasons for discolored teeth
Have you ever wondered why you don't have whiter teeth? Our teeth are not meant to be blindingly white. Even though the enamel that covers our teeth is bluish-white, its transparency means that the yellow color from the dentin shines through.
The enamel becomes thinner as we get older and the amount of discoloration that settles in the enamel increases over time. Therefore, it is normal for our teeth to become darker or yellower. For most people this process can be accelerated depending on what we eat and drink and other external factors. This includes:
- Berries: Although berries contain large amounts of antioxidants beneficial to our health, their strong colors can cause stains (have you ever tried to get raspberry stains out of a white shirt?).
– Sauces: Colorful sauces like curry or tomato sauces can also cause stains and the acidity of the tomatoes doesn't help either. If you want to avoid staining your teeth, we recommend that you choose a lighter, creamier version instead.
– Coffee: The dark color and high acidity of coffee can cause stains on your teeth
– Tea: Tea, especially black tea, can cause even more damage than coffee. Even lighter herbal teas can corrode the enamel and cause stains.
– Wine: The tannins in red wine can cause your teeth to take on a grayer tone. At the same time, white wine can darken existing stains and the acidity can damage the enamel over time, causing more discoloration to stick.
– Smoking: The nicotine and tar in cigarettes stain teeth very quickly. Heavy smokers may find that their teeth gradually take on a brown shade.
Teeth whitening in Malmö at TandCity
Do you want beautiful white teeth? Contact TandCity today we will help you. We use products and treatments from Opalescence and Zoom Philips for our teeth whitening in Malmö, two of the largest and best known companies for whitening products.